GoPro Firmware Update
- Frame rate of 24 frames per second that enables GoPro content to easily be intercut with various different sources without using frame-rate conversion.
- Data rate of 35 Mbps for offering best quality compressed images in the industry with virtually no artifacts.
- Neutral coloured profile that allows greater flexibility when you perform colour correction work.
- Encoding Log curve, that provides more details in highlights and shadows.
- Reduced sharpening as well as noise reduction to give enhanced flexibility in colour designing workflows and professional post-production.
- Integration is made simpler and automatic detecting settings. You can also apply default adjustments for creating stunning images.
Given below are product update instructions for standard definition HERO cameras-:
Step 1: Copy/download Firmware Upgrade to the SD Card
Make sure that the serial number of your camera is less than the number given here: G1184993. The serial number of the camera can be seen printed inside its battery compartment. If that number is higher than the number given here, then it means that your camera is already containing the latest firmware and this download will not benefit you.
For a particular model, appropriate file should be downloaded. When the firmware is downloaded, make sure that this file is unzipped and you obtain a file with name as “Main.elf”. Insert a blank and freshly formatted SD card inside your camera. Connect the camera with your computer with the help of a USB cable. Now, “Main.elf” file has to be dragged onto the root level of SD card. After the file is copied onto the SD card, camera can be disconnected as normally you would do. If you are having cad reader, it can be used for copying the files onto SD card also.
Step 2: Firmware Upgrade should be loaded into Camera
Before starting this step, make sure that the camera is switched off. Check that its battery is new or fully charged. It is very important because if firmware upgrade gets interrupted for any kind of reasons, your camera will become inoperable. If it is not already there in the camera, you have to insert a SD card with firmware upgrade loaded. The power button should be pressed and released. Now press and keep holding the shutter as well as the power button till red light starts flashing quickly. Once the red light starts flashing quickly, release both the buttons. Your camera’s red light will still keep flashing and that is an indication that the firmware is loading in the camera’s memory. This may take about 5 to 10 seconds. LCD screen will still be powered off while the firmware is uploading. After the loading on new firmware is done, camera will turn off itself.
Now you camera will be using new firmware features because of gopro firmware update, because of which you will get following benefits:
- Better file delete functionality.
- Auto exposure property will be improved to assist in extremely bright lightning conditions for example snow covered slopes.
- Up to 4 GB can be recorded in one single file.
- You can make use of SDHC cards having a maximum of 8 GB.
To get the best performance, it is recommended to use SDHC cards with high write speed. This is because using slow write speed cards can cause:
- Increase in camera’s power-up time
- Increase file saving time once recording is stopped.
- Increases file deletion time.
- Delay in switch mode from auto photos to deleting all files.